We recognize that “personal information” entrusted to us by our customers are their valuable assets and we strive to protect those assets. We take measures to “protect personal information” and fulfill our social responsibility so that our customers have “peace of mind” when it comes to confidentiality.
April 1, 2023
SHASHIN KAGAKU CO., LTD.
Purposes of Use of Personal Information
We will not use any personal information entrusted to us by our customers, except for the following purposes:
In addition to the following purposes of use, if any other purpose of use has been agreed to individually, we will appropriately use personal information within the scope of that purpose of use.
- To provide information and other notifications about our products and services.
- To implement questionnaire surveys, tester surveys, etc., on our products and services.
- To respond to and confirm details regarding inquiries, consultations, requests or claims made to us.
- To confirm how our website is accessed, survey the usage status and improve advertisements, marketing and services.
Security Control Measures
In order to prevent unauthorized access, loss, damage, alteration, leakage, etc., of personal data handled by us, we will take necessary and appropriate security measures such as the establishment of internal rules, maintenance of security systems, establishment of management systems and thorough education of employees. When outsourcing operations, we will execute a contract with the outsourcee on the handling of personal information and security measures, and manage the outsourcee appropriately.
Provision to Third Parties
We will properly manage the personal data held by us and will not disclose or provide it to any third party without obtaining the prior consent of the person concerned, except in the cases that fall under one of the following:
- If the customer’s consent has been obtained.
- If such disclosure or provision is required by laws and regulations.
- If such disclosure or provision is necessary for the protection of the life, body or property of an individual, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the person concerned.
- If such disclosure or provision is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the person concerned.
- If such disclosure or provision is necessary to cooperate with a national government agency or a local government, or an outsourcee entrusted by them for performing any matters stipulated by laws and regulations, and obtaining consent from the person concerned is likely to cause difficulty in performing such matters.
- If we outsource the handling of personal information in whole or in part within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use.
- If personal information is provided to a successor entity following business succession due to a merger or other reasons.
- If personal information is provided to any of the entities listed as joint users in Section 4 below.
We will jointly use personal information of our customers in the following manner.
- Items of personal information jointly used
Company name, company address, business location, department name, title, name, age, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.
- Scope of joint users
SHASHIN KAGAKU group companies, its affiliated companies, dealers, agents, etc.
- Purposes of use
Same as “Purposes of Use of Personal Information” in Section 1 above.
- Name of the division responsible for the management of personal information jointly used
Same as the contact point specified as the “Division Handling Requests for Disclosure, etc.,” in Section 9 below.
- Items of personal information jointly used
We will ensure the establishment of an organizational structure and definitions of the roles and responsibilities to protect personal information. We will periodically provide education and training to all employees in order to thoroughly protect personal information.
Security Measures for Personal Information
We will take all possible security measures to ensure the accuracy and security of personal information.
Disclosures, etc., of Personal Data in Our Possession
If a customer requests that their personal data held by us (meaning the personal information we are authorized to disclose, etc., as stipulated in “the Act on the Protection of Personal Information”) be disclosed, amended, added, removed, suspended from being used or deleted, we will respond appropriately in accordance with laws and regulations and other provisions after confirming that the person who makes a request is the customer.
Compliance with Laws and Regulations and other Rules, and Review
Division Handling Requests for Disclosure, etc.
Requests for disclosure of personal data held by us or the records of provision to third parties, or other inquiries about the handling of personal information can be sent to:
SHASHIN-KAGAKU Administration Division
Maeda SN Building 4F, 518, Akinono-cho, Nijo-sagaru, Karasuma-dori,
Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto 604-0847, Japan
TEL: +81-75-254-7724 FAX: +81-75-251-0232